update about the employee who added the F-word to a client form

Remember the letter-writer last week who discovered that one of her employees had added profanity to a client form? Here’s the update.

After finding out about this, I immediately printed all new forms and confiscated the old ones, and went through the saved documents word by word. Lo and behold, there were several more documents with similar profane additions, so while this one bad word referenced in my first question to Alison wasn’t saved, the others led me pretty clearly to the culprit, based on time punches and staff schedules. I didn’t find hard copies of any of the others that were actually saved in the office.

The employee was let go immediately, after being confronted and confessing that she did it as a joke and she didn’t think it would actually be given out (flimsy, it was printed and mixed in with others that were not edited that she knew were being handed out). I think there is another employee who knew about it and didn’t say anything who I’m watching more closely. Afterwards, I talked with all of the employees, following Alison’s advice, and impressed upon them how horrified I was to find this. We had a good talk about professionalism, trust, and reputation, and of course everyone knows/agreed this was not okay.

And lastly, I got the increase in my IT budget that I’d been requesting for a while.

This entry was posted in HR, Leadership. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.