Whether we realize it or not, our words carry enormous weight. In fact, you and I probably don’t have any tool more powerful—for good and for bad—than our words.
A verse in the Bible that says,
Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear” (Ephesians 4:29, NASB)
This advice applies far beyond spiritual matters and goes straight to the heart of our leadership and our impact.
Click to Listen
- Characteristic #1: Wholesome words build people up.
- Characteristic #2: Wholesome words are timely.
- Characteristic #3: Wholesome words provide grace.
King Solomon said, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue” (Proverbs 18:21). Every day, we are shaping reality for someone by the words that we use with them. The choice is ours.
- Christopher Scott asked, “Do you have a Bible verse or a mantra that you repeat to yourself to control your thoughts?”
- Jennifer Hester asked, “Do you have a specific action that you take to keep your words in check?”
- Jon D. Harrison asked, “If words are only a reflection of our mindset, how much investment should we make in correcting our language?”
- William Stonewall Monroe asked, “How do our words affect our ability to sell ourselves?”
- If you are considering launching your own platform—or just getting serious about it—you need to start with a self-hosted WordPress blog.
This is not as complicated as it sounds. In fact, I have put together a step-by-step screencast on exactly how to do it. You don’t need any technical knowledge. I walk you through the entire process in exactly 20 minutes.
- This fall’s SCORRE Conference is filling up fast! My business partner Ken Davis, who originally developed the SCORRE Conference, and I will be hosting this next conference on October 14–17 at the beautiful Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Hotel in Vail, Colorado.
This Conference will sell out, so get your tickets today!
- My next podcast will be on the topic of “Two Types of Thinkers: Which Are You?” If you have a question on this subject, please leave me a voicemail message. This is a terrific way to cross-promote your blog or website, because I will link to it, just like I did with the callers in this episode.
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- Conference: The SCORRE Conference
- Screencast: How to Launch a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog in 20 Minutes or Less
- Software: Startupizer
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.