Admit it, you’ve thought about writing a book. According to a recent reader survey, 61.5% of my blog readers have thought about writing a book. Is it time for you to stop thinking and start doing?
Being a published author has done more for my career—and my income—than I could have ever imagined. It has opened doors of opportunity I couldn’t have dreamed were possible. It can happen for you, too.
Click to Listen
- It provides an opportunity to share your expertise.
- It provides an opportunity to establish your authority.
- It provides an opportunity to differentiate yourself.
- It provides an opportunity to expand your market.
- It provides an opportunity to launch a business.
I’m not saying that writing a book is easy. It takes a lot of hard work and, most of all, perseverance. But it is possible. I promise, every published author—every successful author—started out just like you.
- Bruce Cross asked, “What is one thing that can help me get started writing a book?”
- Christopher Scott asked, “What is the most likely type of book a a publisher would publish from a first-time author?”
- James Kinson asked, “Is there benefit to publishing a book before establishing my platform?”
- Kari Scare asked, “Is writing a book really worth the time when there are so many books written by such competent people?”
- Regan Kakoschke asked, “Can I publish my journal or should I start over to turn it into a book?”
- Steve Dwire asked, “Should my reasons for writing a book impact the path I take (e.g., ebook, self-publishing, traditional publishing)?”
- Just a reminder about Platform University. The monthly subscription price is going up for new members. If you join before September 13th, you will save $5 a month on the membership fee. That’s $60 a year. I honestly don’t know of a better way to grow your platform faster than learning from the pros and brainstorming with like-minded people. This is why Platform University is so valuable. Click here to find out more.
- If you are considering launching your own platform—or just getting serious about it—you need to start with a self-hosted WordPress blog.
This is not as complicated as it sounds. In fact, I have put together a step-by-step screencast on exactly how to do it. You don’t need any technical knowledge. I walk you through the entire process in exactly 20 minutes.
- My next podcast will be on the topic of “The Primary Difference Between the Wise and the Foolish.” Which are you? And, as a leader, which do you have working for you? If you have a question on this subject, please leave me a voicemail message. This is a terrific way to cross-promote your blog or website, because I will link to it, just like I did with the callers in this episode.
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- Course: Get Published
- Membership: Platform University
- Screencast: How to Launch a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog in 20 Minutes or Less
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.