- Does mobile government have a place in the new Digital Government Strategy? Insights from Tom Suder of Mobile.gov Click here for the full story.
- Re-thinking and re-tooling the federal mobile strategy. High level insights from Deputy CIO Linda Schlosser. Click here for the full story.
- A kick in the pants for the Interior Department’s IT strategy. A look at their new IT Transformative Initiative with Deputy Assistant Secretary for Technology, Information and Business Services -- Andrew Jackson. Click here for the full story.
- Presidential Fellow Program -- puts the best and the brightest together to solve problems.
- Digital Services Innovation Center -- build once and use many times across agencies and platforms. This will help eliminate working in silos.
- Mobile Version of FedRamp - The mobile version FedRAMP will be led by the departments of Homeland Security and Defense and the National Institute of Standards of Technology.
- APIs - It's a great first step to come up with common APIs for systems. It will help develop mobile instead of everyone developing security protocols in silos, it will speed development of mobile.
The Office of Management and Budget is re-thinking its mobile strategy. They’re new roadmap -- moves away from apps and to focus more attention on improving functions and engaging citizens and businesses.
Lisa Schlosser, the deputy administrator in the Office of E-Government and IT, told the group at the AFFIRM conference on mobile computing in Washington, that the strategy is based on the administration's desire to focus more broadly on how and when data is delivered, and not about the devices.
Schlosser says the new strategy will:
- "Be a little bigger than a mobility strategy, the new strategy will treat mobile devices as just the conduit for content. The goal is to get data to where it needs to be, regardless of the devices used."
- "Embrace a bring-your-own-device ethos."
- "It's not about having something cool, although that's nice, it's not about the technology, it's about how we deliver the mission agenda."