Hunger Games, Spiderman and Brave -- Leadership Lessons from the Movies. With summer in full swing it’s time for the annual summer blockbusters to start rolling out of Hollywood. Movies like the Avengers, Spiderman and the Hunger Games. You might be thinking, ok those are great movies but what do they really have to do with the federal government? More than you think.
10 Commandments for a highly effective team -- Did we miss some? In order to create a successful team you will need a powerful and proven leader. Admiral Eric Olson is one of the best. The Admiral is the former commander of the U.S. Special Operations Command and retired Four-star Navy SEAL who has over 38 years in government. He told the crowd at FOSE about his list of 10 commandments to build a high powered team.
3 Reasons why stretch goals don't work. Stretch goals -- are they a motivator or a de-motivator? Stretch goals are the often employed tactic of giving your employees a goal that is just out of their reach. The idea is motivate them to work harder. But does that work?
Are New Controls on Conferences and Travel an Overreaction? Government trainings are important. They provide valuable skills to government employees so that they can better do their jobs. However, since the GSA conference scandal, it’s been more difficult than ever for federal workers to justify conferences and trainings. Some of these controls are good, but some may be detrimental to the good work government does every day.
Could millennials actually SAVE the workforce? As a millennial myself we've heard it all before: we are the entitled, spoiled and self-serving generation. Gen-Y is the youngsters typically born between 1982-1999. But could we also be the workplace savior? Maybe so says Emily Matcher. She is a freelance writer for the Washington Post. She's written an article outlining how this "pampered" generation might actually be the workplace savior.
How RGIII Can Teach Us to Be a Better Leader. Washington Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III, better known as RGIII, has electrified fans by his exciting style of play and poise under pressure. At just 22 years old, the young gun has reinvigorated Redskins fans and inspired his coaches and teammates. So how did he do it?
- Jeff Neal Urges Organization’s to Update Their Outlook on Senior Executive Service
- ‘Do or Do not. There is no try.’ And more from AFFIRM’s Monthly Speaker Series
- Media Bullseye Roundtable 2014.8 with Guest Co-Host Shel Holtz
- Agency Leaders Protected Teleworkers Who Lied About Their Hours – Plus the 7 Gov Stories
- Cutting the cord: Using ambient Wi-Fi for power and communications
- how to make your boss adore you
- my boss makes us all keep kosher for Passover
- How CMS takes on and beats back Medicare fraud
- too much info is killing your productivity, brainstorming doesn’t work, and more
- 20 Things Educators Need To Know About Digital Literacy Skills