What is Agile?"Agile formalizes the natural human reaction to get things done," said Bushey.
- Develop a strong and cohesive mission
- Identify the highest priority items and tackle those first
- Work with the end users and the development team to accomplish the tasks
- Create a rigorous methodology and terminology
- Set a defined time period
Face to Face Mentality"We believe face to face is the most effective way to quickly produce projects. We have quick team meetings every morning. In order to be agile you have to get away from the long-drawn out meetings," said Bushey.
You Know Your Agile If...
- End user is involved in a daily process
- Producing usable workable products and deploying them at most at 6 month increments.
Fail"You can't be afraid to fail. The key is to fail fast and fail small. The smaller the risk and iteration the easier it is to course correct mid-project," said Bushey.
What Does ACRIMe do?"The mission is to provide quick responses to state and local law enforcement officers who have a subject in custody for a criminal offense and have a question of their immigration status," said Bushey. Brent was also a speaker at GovLoop's Next Generation of Government Training Summit. If you are looking for more NextGen style training and can't wait for the July conference you should check out NextGen+. The shortened half-day conference kicks off on December 6th.